Monday, March 24, 2014

At your feet

At your feet by ausfi
At your feet, a photo by ausfi on Flickr.
Artist. Kristine Roald Sandøy. Sandøy is the first artist in the project «Rom for kunst» (Room for art) 2014 at Oslo Central Station. And the first artist since  2001 who uses 3D.

I had passed this piece of art many times before I decided to take a photo. My Flickr friend Trond had already taken a photo. Yesterday I decided to take yet another photo. There were many people around and two beggars were sitting under it. I hurried a bit so the photo was not sharp and it had a blue cast so I had to make at black and white.

Up to 150,000 people pass the station every day, the biggest audience Kristine has had. The wall is 25 meters long and eight meters high.
- On this site there are many who try to find a balance in their lives, people who are exhausted. People who are tired. On their way to work or on their way home from work. But it was people I had in mind when I got the assignment, specifies Sandøy. "Balanceklang" is made of aluminum and translucent fabric and is lit from within at evening and night.

Untitled

No comments: