Monday, August 18, 2014

Professor

Brandy dog

Is one not supposed to know anything about one's ex? Counting with my fingers, I get number 19 when I count how many years we have been divorced. Such a long time. Of course I know where he lives, how old his daughter is and so on. The only connection we have is  that we write Christmas cards, with a couple of nice sentences. There is no animosity, but we could probably not be able to chat  like old  friends.

The other day my daughter and I googled his name. After a while we get to a site where there is an article on him  in Sydney Morning Herald and he's called professor! Happened last year. He has a university chair! There is also a photo, and we exclaim:  Who is that distinguished gentleman? We are quite happy, at last he's got recognition. I will address the next Christmas letter with 'professor'. But even my son had not thought of telling us.


No comments: