Thursday, April 13, 2017

Robbed







On Tuesday I went to IKEA to buy some food and drink to celebrate the Easter Day. This was the IKEA at Furuset. Then I went to an area on the other side of  the Alfaset Cemetery to take some photos of a field of colts foot.









I had never seen so many, Afterwards I went and sat waiting for a bus homewards. If I have two shopping bags, I usually have both attached to my arm as I am notorious of leaving a bag behind, if loose. I started looking at the photos and laid the IKEA bag next to me. In the end the bus came and I stepped aboard and almost immediately realized that I had left the bag behind! The distance to the next bus stop was quite long and  I had to wait some three minutes for the bus to take me back.

When this bus approached the stop where I had to get off,  I saw somebody with a baby carriage near my paper bag on the other side of the road and it looked that they were handling it. My heart sank. When I had got off the bus and started crossing the road, I no more saw the person and the bag was still there. I was hopeful but when I got there and looked inside the bag, it was empty! The person had just taken all my five purchases but left the bag. I was very disappointed that I had been robbed. Not only had I lost the things, I felt bad that someone would take things he knew belonged to another person. Did they think that the owner might not be returning? They knew they were doing wrong as they had left the paper bag. The strange thing was that I felt like I had been raped. I knew that would be hugely worse than what had happened to me, but it made me weep, even if people saw it.

It was somehow even worse that I had seen them steal the things. There were two side roads they could have taken, but my first thought had not been to try to go after them.

Later I went back to IKEA and bought three of the items. I tried to explain to the cashier what had happened but it did not go very well. Almost twenty four years in Norway and I cannot pronounce "stjele"! I never really needed to use the word before. So the 'j' is not pronounced? She did not understand and seemed to look for help from three men standing close by, and  probably thought something had happened to  me at IKEA, so at last I said: 'Never mind , it is not what you think.'  It was approaching a comedy film.

Also it was my own fault, that I do not look after my things.

No comments: