Wednesday, August 19, 2015

It only happened once?



Crown Princess

Couple of years ago I started taking photos of cruise ships. First in berths next to the Akershus Castle, then at the end of Tjuvholmen when the ships were leaving. The photo on top has been taken there.

Then I found that a place called Huk in Bygdøy has a high rock, though not as high as when one is standing on the Akerhus Castle grounds. So I can take a different kind of photos there.

In the harbour I could sometimes get a video of a ship leaving and using her horn. I have a collection of those. One cannot usually hear those in Huk. One day, though, a ship was leaving the harbour a bit later, so she met one of the incoming Danish ferries,  not far from Huk. I heard one using her horn and quickly changed the setting of my camera to video. She used the horn three times for a greeting, got an answer of two horns and even answered that. I was so happy! But then I realized that I must have thought I had not got the video going and pressed the camera a second time, which of course turned it off!

I don't think this is likely to happen another time. I bit later two ships met but not close enough for that to happen.

I have not yet tried to take a photo of a ship leaving from the castle, that would be something new.

Emerald Princess

No comments: