Friday, August 07, 2015

Problems, problems, help!

Monster plant

(The photo has nothing to do with the subject, Some kind of aloe grew on our lawn, reaching high, my husband had to steady it with rope. In the end we had to cut it down, it had hundreds of babes which started to grow, took ages to pick them up.)

This is Flickr nowadays. Extractions from the Help Forum:

"Uploading is messed up again. Only tried to upload 2 photos, both timed out. Location Norway.

Click on a picture and it comes up momentarily - then a black screen. This is not a lot of fun. I also agree about very long upload times. It takes longer than when I was using a dial up connection.

I have honestly never used a site that has this many issues. It's not the least bit surprising anymore when something goes wrong. I mean, something goes wrong literally every few days.
I've pretty much given up all hope that Flickr will ever be usable for any sustained period of time.

Same from Belgium when viewing (or scrolling) a picture. Upload was OK.

I have a weird problem... The images flash up quickly and then disappear (the page renders completely black and nothing is visible). this is after I have click on a picture on the main feed of other peoples pictures...

I have the same problem here in Alabama/USA- the page loads, you can see the photo for a moment, and then the whole page just goes black. I have cleared the cach, dumped all .tmp files, looked for unwanted extensions in Chrome- none there, rebooted and run two different malware programs which report all clean. Intermittently, too, I get the Bad Panda page. Mostly just the page that loads then goes black. "


It is just terrible. I read all these problems and maybe I shouldn't. My Flickr behaves quite well, and if something does not work, I usually clear my cache and it works again. What can it be! I get frustrated for the others. People saying they will leave. Things not working for weeks! Even a Norwegian complaining.

The staff has not said much, maybe they have not a clue. Is there something wrong with people's computers, routers, broadband or what?
When are things going to be fixed, people ask. How does the staff know what to fix, if their equipment for ex,  works ok?

Certainly things happen even to me but then it is usually something they know how to fix.

Just now Magic View would not come, clicking for a photo gave me Bad Panda. I cleared the cache and things worked again!

No comments: