Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Hernesaari





 It is easy to get to Hernesaari, one can take the bus 14 to were you can see the ships.  I was surprised to see Costa Luminosa, based on Genoa, I had taken photos of it in Oslo. It looked even bigger in Hernesaari as one could see it very close.



I could also see Emerald Princess berthed on the other side. At 12:30 one of the Tallink ships was supposed to arrive, but I still did not know that they came  straight from the south and not from close to Suomenlinna, so though I had also watched straight on, it was suddenly so  close that I just had time to take a photo. The Superstar is almost completely light green with some other colours.




The Princess was supposed to leave 3.30. There was a strong cold wind, so I walked to "The Sauna", a fairly new restaurant on the Hernesaari beach. It is strangely shaped wooden structure, with sauna on one end and the restaurant taking most of the room, on the other.
Outside, close to the sea you can also eat, there are two parts, one with tables and the other, next to sea, with deck chairs. You can also walk to two higher levels.







The Emerald Princess did use its horn leaving the harbour, which pleased me, I always try to catch  the horn, some use it  when they start to leave, some when they are further away.      
I went back to the  Sauna restaurant and had a croissant, sitting on a deck chair, it was nice sitting there looking at the sea. Oslo is far from  the sea, at the bottom of the long Oslo fjord  so we never sea the horizon, but in Helsinki we see lots of the "wide horizon".   I went to the highest level and the wind was so strong I had to tie my hair with the scarf so I could take photos.
When Luminosa was leaving there was also another lady taking  videos. The ship  never used her horn at all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments: