Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Missed a bag again



This happened in Helsinki in June. The photo is from Kalasatama, where there's lots of building activity.

I have always tried to keep even my shopping bag hanging from my arm, so as not to forget it, One day  I let go of it trying to attach a side part of the frame of my glasses, the bus came, I started running to it and a young man asked if something was left behind, I looked towards the place I had left and saw nothing. He did not say anything about a bag and only inside I noticed there was no heavy bag . I run back from the next  stop but  the bag had already been taken! Fortunately there were no library books, but a pair of sandals, my most comfortable ones, biscuits, some drink, a good plastic coat from Linnanmäki and annoyingly,  an  exercise book where I had written all kinds of things. Usually I keep it in my handbag, and just today....! The sandals were there in case of rain, so my good shoes would not get spoiled.
 I cut a plastic bag open to get some protection this morning with lots of rain and bought an umbrella from a shop called Tiger, quite strong looking for just 4 euro, in most places they cost at least 16 euro.
Annoying actually that my keyboard has no sign for the euro, must find and copy it from online.

No comments: