Wednesday, May 08, 2013

It did not come cheaply!


My old tap in the bath must have been as old as the house (built in 1957). The packing went at last  and water was not just dropping, it was running! Of course this happened in the weekend. On Monday I called my plumber and got an appointment in the afternoon.  But I was not going to get off  cheap. No changing parts when it was so old, he had a whole new tap with him, shiny and beautiful. "This is Norwegian made!" I did not have the heart to tell him that I would have preferred Finnish made!
When it came the time to stop the water, the thing would not turn, he had to go to the cellar to turn the water off, and back to turn it on again. That seemed to add another hour in the bill. The new tap cost me 4200 kroner (720 USD, 548 euro)! But it's shiny and beautiful and simple to use.  No matter it took care of about half of my monthly budget. I think it cost more than my stove! (The shower was not part of the deal.)

No comments: